Ace Liftaway is a Waste Management and Recycling Company based in Belbins, Romsey. The company runs a fleet of 3.5t, 7.5t, 15t and 18t skip lorries, 26t tipper grab, 32t hook loaders and 44t tractor unit and trailers. In addition to this we also have a large selection of JCB machines and Land Rovers.
We have an opportunity for both an Apprentice to work in our Control Office which is the main administration /call centre for the business as well as our workshop.
Business Administration Apprenticeship
The main responsibilities of the Control Office are to take orders over the phone, process credit card payments, produce and send customer receipts, producing tip tickets and waste reports as well as standard office based duties.
- Ideally the candidate will have GCSE level A-C in Maths and English.
- The applicant should have an interest in administration
- Good listening skills, good level of accuracy in written work
- The ability to work well within a team
- A willingness to learn and develop excellent customer service skills and how to upsell products and services on the telephone.
The position will involve:
- Shadowing/working with other members of the team.
- Taking on your own workload (as and when appropriate)
- Attending day-release to college to obtain a Level 2 and 3 in Business Administration.
HGV Mechanic Apprenticeship
We have our own five bay commercial workshop which is currently staffed by three qualified HGV fitters, two plant fitters and a fabricator welder.
We are looking to take on an Apprentice HGV mechanic to develop and ultimately progress through the company.
The applicant should have a keen interest in HGVs and the mechanical workings of vehicles.
Ideally with GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
The Position will involve:
- Shadowing/Working with an experienced fitter at Ace Liftaway.
- Attending day release to college to obtain a Level 2 and 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (VCQ) – Total 3 years.
LGV Driver Apprenticeship
To train an apprentice to be able to professionally operate all vehicles operated by the company.
- Clean Driving License.
- An interest in driving Large Goods Vehicles.
- Age: 20 – 25 years.
The Position will involve:
- Two-week placement in the control office routing work, taking orders etc.
- Six-month placement in the commercial workshops/trailer bay.
- Operating a 3.5 tonne skip vehicle.
- Working as a drivers mate on 15/18 tonne skip vehicles, hook loaders, grab loaders, tippers and tractor units.
What Qualifications will I achieve?
- Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles
- Lorry mounted crane license
- C Vehicles License
- Driver Assessment License
Points to Consider:
- Due to the location of the company (not on public transport routes) you will need to be able to get to Belbins, Romsey.
- The closing date for HGV Mechanic and Business Administration is 12th June 2015.
- The closing date for LGV Driver is 15th June 2015.
If you wish to be considered for either of these Apprenticeships, please send a CV and covering letter to:
Ace Liftaway Ltd
The Waste Centre
Yokesford Hill Industrial Estate
SO51 0PF Email: email@example.com